We have come to the end of our study, “The Double-Kingdom System.” From this study, we’ve learned what the Bible means when it says the whole world is under the power of the evil one. Daniel chapter ten reveals to us a whole dimension of beings living above earth’s atmosphere that is invisible to the human eye. These beings rule over and influence what happens to the kingdom of men on earth. The knowledge of this double-kingdom system will help us understand important end time prophecies in the book of Revelation.
Just as we have done with our former studies, I’ve listed the information we have learned in a small outline so as to keep it straight in your mind. Keep reading…
THE DOUBLE-KINGDOM SYSTEM
By Karen Thompson
Fourth in a Four-Part Series
OUTLINE OF DANIEL CHAPTER TEN
Scripture: Daniel Chapter Ten
- Daniel’s revelation: Chapter ten opens us with Daniel saying he was given a revelation of what would happen to the Jewish people in the distant future. In later chapters, we understand the thing that was revealed to Daniel was a great war that the Jewish people would experience in the latter days, in the end of times.
- Daniel’s mourning: This revelation threw Daniel into a state of mourning, prompting him to seek God with fasting and prayed for three weeks.
- Daniel’s visitation: After three weeks Daniel was by the river Hiddekel and saw a vision of an angelic visitor with a message from the Lord. Daniel was physically weakened by the vision and fell to the ground. The angel touched him which gave him strength to stand up.
- The angel is dispatched: The angel told Daniel that from the first day he began to pray for understanding about this revelation, the Lord heard his prayer and, in response, sent the angelic messenger on the first day.
- The delay: The angelic messenger explained that even though he was dispatched to Daniel with a message on the first day he prayed, he was delayed by three weeks because a being that was called a “prince of the kingdom of Persia” had resisted him and wouldn’t let him reach Daniel. He was able to get past this Persian prince when the archangel Michael came to join the angelic messenger in his fight. He was able to break free to deliver his message to Daniel.
- There are beings that dwell in the atmosphere above earth that are invisible to the human eye.
- These beings are listed in Ephesians 6:12, “…principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”
- When the Bible says “the whole world [around us] is under the power of the evil one” (1 John 5:19 Amp.), it’s referring to these beings in the unseen realm.
- They are organized into regimes with leaders, i.e. “prince of Persia” and “prince of Greece.”
- The message: The angelic messenger started to give his message saying, “Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days” (v. 14). What he reveals to Daniel is contained in chapter eleven. The vision will happen in the end times.
- The physical reaction: Again, Daniel fell out to the ground, face first and became “dumb,” unable to speak. The angel touched Daniel’s lips, helping Daniel to speak to the angel, “O my lord, by the vision my sorrows are turned upon me, and I have retained no strength. For how can the servant of this my lord talk with this my lord? for as for me, straightway there remained no strength in me, neither is there breath left in me” (vv. 16–17). Daniel’s sorrow over the vision had a great effect on him physically. The angel touched Daniel and he regained strength.
- Angel’s last comments: After Daniel regained his strength, the angel said, “…now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come. But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince” (vv. 20–21).
- These invisible beings rule over and influence the affairs of man on the earth through a double-kingdom system.
- The unseen forces that rule in this unseen realm are evil, working with Satan.
- There are good forces such as our angelic messenger and Michael the archangel, who are with God.
- The good forces and evil forces do battle against each other in the unseen realm.
- These battles determine what takes place on earth in the seen realm.
- Before a change can be made in the natural seen realm on earth, it must first take place in the spiritual unseen realm.
- Through faith and anointed Spirit-led prayer, we can effect change in the earth.
Sign up for a free biweekly subscription to End Time Mysteries blog!